The Monon Trail segment in Westfield, Indiana stretches from 146th Street to 216th Street. The surrounding area is primarily neighborhoods and farms, with some businesses, retail and restaurants at the midpoint near State Road 32 and off of 146th Street.
Things to Know
- Large stretches of the Westfield trail are not shaded due to farm fields and land that has been cleared for development. More trees and shade can be found between 146th Street and 161st Street.
- For a frozen treat, get a milkshake at McDonalds or frozen custard at Culver’s off of Main Street/State Road 32
- If you want to continue on to Sheridan, the trail continues north on a country road before resuming as a multi-use path.
- Parking is available off of E. Greyhound Pass near the Target (view map)
- Sheridan, Indiana to Grand Park: 30 minutes
- State Road 32 to Grand Park: 10 minutes
- State Road 32 to 146th Street: 20 minutes
- State Road 32 to Carmel Main Street: 25 minutes
- State Road 32 to 86th Street: 50 minutes
- State Road 32 to Broad Ripple: 1 hour
- State Road 32 to Indiana State Fairgrounds : 1 hour and 25 minutes
- State Road 32 to 146th Street: 1 hour
- State Road 32 to Grand Park: 30 minutes